Wood painting is a kind of resin paint, which is mainly used in wood products. It can be divided into water-based wood paint and oil-based wood paint; from the perspective of lustre, it can also be divided into matte, semi-matte and high gloss; from the perspective of use, it can be divided into furniture paint and floor paint. Among them, the oily Wood paint is mainly divided into nitrocellulose varnish, polyester paint and polyurethane paint. Its main components are phenolic dry block, wax gram, unsaturated polyester, polyurethane, etc. the advantages are high hardness, water resistance, wear resistance, bright fullness, the disadvantages are some brittle, easy yellowing, poor film fullness, some wood paint with poor water washing resistance is not suitable for floor and desktop.
Emulsion paint, commonly known as latex paint, was born in the late 1970s. It is a synthetic resin emulsion coating, mainly represented by acrylate copolymer emulsion. The common base material for latex paint is synthetic resin-emulsion, and auxiliary materials are various auxiliaries. The wax emulsion paint has the characteristics of fast-drying, easy painting, scrub resistance and water resistance, which is quite different from the traditional wall decoration paint. Generally speaking, except for the unqualified products, there will be no harmful substances in the latex paint. As long as you pay attention to the ventilation of the house for some time after the completion of the painting, you can move in after the indoor walls are completely dry.
Wood painting is mainly divided into water-based wood paint and oil-based wood paint. Among them, the characteristics of oily Wood paint are high hardness and good fullness, but oily Wood paint has a certain degree of pollution, and it can burn, so there are certain security risks. The water-based paint is mainly different from the oil-based wood paint in terms of environmental protection. The water-based wood paint is non-toxic, pollution-free, odourless, non-combustible, non-explosive, almost non-volatile, with strong environmental protection. The biggest characteristic of emulsion paint is its environmental protection. Generally speaking, the qualified emulsion paint will not contain harmful substances to the human body, and the wall painted with emulsion paint is very smooth and delicate.
- Wood paint is designed specifically for use on wooden surfaces such as furniture, doors, cabinets, and floors.
- It is formulated to adhere well to wood surfaces and provide a durable finish that can withstand wear and tear.
- Wood paint is typically thicker and heavier-bodied than wall paint, as it needs to fill any gaps or imperfections in the wood.
- It often contains additives that help protect the wood against moisture, UV rays, and other environmental elements.
- Wood paint is available in a wide range of colors and finishes, such as matt, satin, semi-gloss, and high-gloss.
- Wall paint, also known as interior paint, is designed for use on walls and ceilings.
- It is formulated to provide good coverage, hide imperfections, and create a smooth and even finish.
- Wall paint is typically thinner in consistency than wood paint, making it easier to apply and spread on large surfaces.
- It may contain additives that help with stain resistance, washability, and improved color retention.
- Wall paint is available in various sheens, such as matte, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss, and high-gloss.
- It comes in a wide range of colors and finishes to suit different preferences and design styles.
The most essential difference between wood paint and emulsion paint is that their raw materials are different. The raw materials of wood lacquer are unsaturated polyester, polyurethane and so on, while the raw materials of latex paint are some synthetic resin emulsions, which makes the environmental protection difference between the two. Generally speaking, latex paint is more environmentally friendly. From the perspective of using ways, there are also differences between the two. Wood paint is generally used to paint wood products, such as wooden doors, wooden floors, wooden furniture, etc.; while latex paint belongs to wall paint, so the advantages of latex paint are not the brightness of the appearance, but the delicacy and scrub resistance.
It should be noted that wood paint is mainly used to paint wood products, so its advantages are also based on the premise that it is used to paint wood products. Latex paint is more suitable for painting walls, although both are used for painting, there is a huge difference in function.
Yes, you can use wood paint on walls, but it may not be the most suitable option. Wood paint is formulated specifically for use on wooden surfaces and may not provide the same coverage, adhesion, or durability on walls as wall paint would. Wood paint is typically thicker and heavier-bodied, which can make it difficult to apply evenly on larger wall surfaces. It may also dry with a different finish or sheen than desired for walls.
If you are considering using wood paint on walls, it is recommended to test it on a small, inconspicuous area first to see how it looks and performs. However, for best results, it is generally recommended to use paint specifically designed for walls and ceilings, as it is formulated to provide better coverage, adhesion, and finish on these surfaces.
KING HONOR wholesale wax emulsion paint is the secret ingredient you need to achieve remarkable results with ease. Embrace exceptional performance, versatility, and easy application, all while enjoying wholesale pricing. Contact us for more information!