Polyethylene wax emulsion is a type of emulsion made from polyethylene wax. Polyethylene wax is a synthetic paraffin wax that is derived from petroleum. It is commonly used as a lubricant, dispersant, and protective coating in various industries, such as coatings, adhesives, inks, and textiles.
Polyethylene wax emulsion is created by dispersing small particles of polyethylene wax in water with the help of emulsifying agents. This emulsion allows for easier handling and application of the wax, as it can be diluted with water and applied as a liquid. When the emulsion is applied to a surface and dries, it leaves behind a thin film of polyethylene wax, which provides lubrication, water resistance, and protection to the coated surface.
Polyethylene wax emulsions are used in the textile industry and are mainly used as softeners and sizing aids.
Polyethylene wax emulsions offer several properties that make them valuable in various applications. Here are some important properties of polyethylene wax emulsions:
1. Particle Size: water based wax emulsion typically has small particle sizes, ranging from nanometers to micrometers. The smaller particle size allows for better dispersion and coverage on surfaces, resulting in improved performance.
2. Stability: Polyethylene wax emulsions exhibit good stability, meaning that the wax particles remain dispersed uniformly in the emulsion over time. This stability prevents the emulsion from separating or forming lumps or sedimentation, ensuring consistent performance during storage and application.
3. Water-based: Polyethylene wax emulsions are water-based, making them easy to handle and environmentally friendly. They can be easily diluted with water and are compatible with various aqueous systems, allowing for convenient incorporation into formulations.
4. Lubricity: Polyethylene wax emulsions provide excellent lubricating properties. When applied to surfaces, they reduce friction, enhance slip, and improve the smoothness of materials. This makes them ideal for applications
1. Coatings and Paints: PE wax emulsions are used as additives in coatings and paints to enhance various properties. They can improve scratch resistance, water resistance, gloss, and surface slip. PE wax emulsions also help in reducing friction and abrasion, and provide an anti-blocking effect.
2. Paper and Packaging: PE wax emulsions find applications in the paper and packaging industry. They are used as release agents, helping to prevent adhesion and sticking during manufacturing processes. PE wax emulsions can improve the release of paper from rolls, molds, and other surfaces, allowing for smooth production.
3. Textiles and Nonwovens: PE wax emulsions are utilized in the textile industry as lubricants, softeners, and anti-static agents. They can be applied to textile fibers, yarns, and fabrics to improve processing conditions, reduce fiber-to-fiber friction, and enhance surface properties such as smoothness and softness.
4. Printing and Inks: PE wax emulsions are used in the printing industry, specifically in offset and gravure printing processes. They act as anti-setoff agents, preventing ink from transferring between printed sheets. PE wax emulsions can also improve the rub resistance and gloss of printed materials.
5. Construction and Building Materials: PE wax emulsions are employed in the construction industry for various applications. They can be used as additives in concrete and cement-based products to improve water resistance, enhance surface appearance, and reduce cracking. PE wax emulsions are also used as mold release agents in the production of architectural elements and precast concrete.
6. Adhesives and Sealants: PE wax emulsions are utilized as additives in adhesives and sealants to modify properties such as open time, tack, and flexibility. They improve the flow and application properties of the formulations and act as plasticizers.
7. Rubber and Plastics: PE wax emulsions are used in rubber and plastic processing as additives and lubricants. They can improve the mold release and demolding of rubber and plastic products, reducing friction and enhancing surface finish. PE wax emulsions also provide thermal stability and act as processing aids.
Polyethylene wax emulsion produced by KING HONOR is an odorless, non-corrosive non-ionic emulsion, resistant to acid, alkali, hard water and water. The emulsion is stable, the water is diluted in any proportion, no layering, no demulsification, no agglomeration, long shelf life, high solid content, good dispersion, and is widely used in the textile industry.
The gloss and elasticity of waxed and unwaxed fabrics are completely different. After waxing, the pinhole passes smoothly, the tension is reduced, and the breakage is reduced. The fabric is a bit like the softness and feel of satin.
The wax emulsion produces high gloss, bright color, high elasticity and high tensile strength in the fabric, and is often used in post-finishing to make the fabric have excellent hand feel, softness, smoothness and gloss.
Textile special wax emulsion adopts advanced technology, adopts a variety of high-quality natural waxes, stabilizers, co-emulsifiers and environmentally friendly surfactants to form a solid self-emulsifying wax emulsion.
The advantages of KING HONOR products are mainly that the fiber surface can be plasticized to produce a smoothing effect, thereby significantly improving the wear resistance of the fiber. The cheese shreds were tested to improve the breaking resistance, elongation and friction coefficient of the cheese shreds. When using wrapped yarn and knitted fabric, it can reduce the thread breakage and effectively improve the rewinding efficiency. The number of yarn breaks of the loom is reduced, the weaving efficiency and fabric quality are improved, the knitted fabric is effectively cut off, and the wear resistance is improved.
The wax dairy products widely used in the textile printing and dyeing industry are mainly characterized by the wax block being light yellow or white solid, which is convenient for transportation and storage; it has excellent acid resistance, alkali resistance, salt resistance and other properties; the wax emulsion has good stability, easy to use and easy to process.