Paraffin Wax Emulsion Has a Wide Range of Applications
Paraffin wax emulsion is a kind of uniform fluid containing wax and water, which is made of various waxes, including petroleum waxes, by physical modification. It is a stable emulsion of solid oil-water multiphase dispersion system which is made of paraffin, several kinds of emulsifiers with different properties and appropriate regulators by emulsification reaction. Generally, paraffin and emulsifier are selected according to the application.
It has the advantages of acid resistance, alkali resistance, hard water resistance, strong water solubility, stable emulsion, no dilution of any proportion of water, no demulsification, no caking, long shelf life, high solid content and good dispersibility.
1. Leather industry: paraffin wax emulsion can be compounded with fatliquoring agent; paraffin wax emulsion can be used as an additive in leather finishing; it can be used as a leather brightener, matting agent and feel agent, etc;
2. Construction industry: paraffin wax emulsion can be used as a curing agent for reinforced concrete.
3. Agriculture: Horticultural practice has proved that plants mainly rely on the roots to absorb water, while the evaporation of water is lost from the surface of leaves. Plants themselves do not consume much water. Paraffin wax emulsion is mainly used for seedling planting, garden nursery planting, drought resistance and preservation.
4. Papermaking industry: in the process of paper selection, most of the paper is added with inner glue, which can make the inherent absorption of paper fibre mesh with ideal water resistance. Paraffin wax emulsion can replace 20% - 40% of the traditional resin.
5. Wood-based panel: wood-based panel includes two kinds of fiberboard and particleboard. In addition to wood fibre or sawdust, it also needs a certain proportion of rubber to make wood fibre or sawdust through hot pressing and glueing. A certain amount of paraffin wax emulsion is mixed with the glue to make the board water-resistant and improve the surface finish.
6. Wood waterproof: apply paraffin wax emulsion evenly on the surface of the wood to be waterproof by soaking or spraying. Because the particle size of paraffin wax emulsion is fine, it can naturally penetrate the interior of wood, and the effect of waterproof can be achieved by drying.
7. Light industry rubber industry: paraffin wax emulsion can be used as polish, coating and additives. Adding paraffin wax emulsion into some formulations of an emulsion can improve the performance of latex.
8. Ceramic industry: in the process of porcelain production, for kaolin with poor quality, it is often necessary to add emulsified wax to make up for its poor plasticity or to improve the strength of the initial products. At the same time, the expensive vinyl acetate can also be replaced by paraffin wax emulsion. In the ceramic production process, the addition of paraffin wax emulsion can not only improve the strength of the initial ceramic products but also improve their lubricity.
9. Petroleum Industry: adding high-quality paraffin wax emulsion to drilling fluid can obviously improve its inhibitive and lubricity, prevent well collapse and improve drilling rate.
10. Textile industry: paraffin wax emulsion is mainly used for yarn finishing and textile finishing agent, which aims to give these textiles excellent soft handle, good smoothness and glossiness.
11. Demoulding agent: as demoulding agent, it is widely used in de-moulding of rubber or plastic products, Pu demoulding, metal demoulding and other fields.
12. Water-based coating: it can improve the scratch resistance, surface hydrophobicity, adhesion and antifouling performance of the coating, and make the coating more smooth.